SSI Extended Range Trimix Course (45m)
The SSI Extended Range Trimix program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 45 meters, using decompression mixtures of up to 100% oxygen and specialized diving equipment and procedures, for a maximum accumulated decompression time of 25 minutes, with an equally-qualified dive buddy.
This course can be done in Twinset or Side Mount configuration.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Certification Prerequisites: Deep Diving, Enriched Air Nitrox (40%)
- Have Logged at least 50 divers or be certified in Extended Range Nitrox Diving
- Open Water Dives: 3 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 45 meters
- Suggested Duration: 18 hours
A complete Total Diving System with:
- Twinset or Sidemount setup and
- A single stage cylinder with regulator with:
- Second stage with 1-2 meter hose and SPG. Oxygen cleaned as required
- Backup computer in the event of a computer failure
- 2 surface marker buoys (SMB)
- 2 Spools or reel appropriate for the planned dive depth
- 2 Cutting devices
- Surface signaling device
We will complete a day of academic development and classroom session. You must complete an Extended Range Diving final exam with a passing score of 80% and the Extended Range Trimix Exam with 80% if qualifying with Trimix and be able to independently plan a full dive plan using the Extended Range Dive Planning sheet.
Pool sessions are held at in Dubai, Open Water training days will be UAE or Musandam diving sites.
The first two open water training dives must be conducted at depths no deeper than 30 meters. The third and fourth training dives must be conducted at depths between 30m and 40m. One dive must be to minimum of 40m for certification.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on https://my.divessi.com/ to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with further a academic development session to be scheduled. Thorough video debriefing and feedback will be given at the end of each day.
As with all our SSI Extended Range Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials and Certification is included
- All Pool fees and sessions are included
- All consumables are extra (Nitrox, Deco Gas, Trimix)
- Open Water Dives (Boat Rides) are charged to the student (Student + Instructor)
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.